Monday, February 10, 2014

My Addiction to Terrariums / Mi addición a las terrariums

I LOVE TERRARIUMS!

It started out innocently enough.  There I was rummaging through a second hand furniture, bric-brac, never know what your gonna find store......and I came across this little guy:

AMO terrarios!

Comenzé inocentemente. Ahí estaba hurgando en un tienda de segunda mano donde nunca sabes lo que vas a encontrar...... y me encontré con este pequeño individuo:




I thought to myself  "this is an odd little piece here that could be used for something fantastic but what?......I knew I had seen one of these before but couldn´t put my finger on it.  Then suddenly I had a flashback from the 70´s!   My neighbor had one of these and she used it as a terrarium.  I thought it was cool way back then and when I remembered what this little jewel was actually used for, I was smitten and just had to have it!

Me dije a mí misma "esto es un objeto que podría ser utilizado para algo fantástico, pero ¿qué? ...... Supe que había visto uno de estos antes, pero no podía poner mi dedo en la llaga. Entonces, de repente me dio un flashback de los años 70! Mi vecino tenía uno de éstos y lo utilizaba como un terrario. Pensé que era guay en aquel entonces y cuando me acordé para lo que esta pequeña joya se utiliza, me enamoré y tuve que tenerlo!

I paid the man the 6 euros he was asking for it and carried my new baby home.  Next thing I did was research the internet for terrariums and boy it´s a whole new world to plant life!   I immediately feel in love with terrariums for their beauty and low maintenance.

Le pagué al hombre los 6€ que pedía y me llevé mi nuevo bebé a casa. Lo siguiente que hice fue investigar en Internet para terrarios y descubrí que es un mundo totalmente nuevo por conocer sobre la vida vegetal! Inmediatamente quedé enamorada de terrarios por su belleza y bajo mantenimiento.

This is what I did with my pear shaped terrarium

Esto es lo que hice con mi forma de pera terrario




And then I went a little farther, just couldn´t stop myself......so I starting looking around for every glass object I had that I could convert into a terrerium.  These are just a few more things I came up with.

Y luego me fui un poco más lejos, no podía detenerme ...... así que empecé a mirar a mi alrededor para todos los objetos de vidrio que tenía de que podría convertir en un terrerium. Estos son sólo un par de cosas más que se me ocurrieron.




The most part I like about them is their maintenance.  I don´t put them where there is tons of light.  They do better in shady to partly shady light.  I spray them about once a week with hydrogen peroxide and thats it!

Lo que más me gusta de ellos es su mantenimiento. No los pongo donde le llegue mucha luz. Se mantienen  en el interior de la casa, en una parte sombreada. Yo les rocío una vez a la semana con agua oxigenada y eso es todo!      

Is any of you out there addicted to terrariums like I am?  I plan on making more, experimenting and getting better with mixing plants.  I think they would be most appreciated as a gift for anyone, especially those that aren´t gifted with a green thumb.  You know who you are!

¿Hay alguien adicto a terrarios como yo? Mi plan es hacer más, experimentar y mejorar con plantas de mezcla. Además de ser proyectos creativos, divertidos y obras de arte también son excelentes regalos muy económicos y muy apreciados por cualquier persona.

No comments:

Post a Comment